- This event has passed.
Folk & Ukulele @the Winery Weekend 28-30 May
May 28, 2021 - May 30, 2021$10.00$69.00
Great People, Superb wine, Good Eats. Join us for a weekend of fun times.
– 6pm CONCERT
LINSEY POLLAK: You close your eyes ….is it a saxophone, a clarinet, a flute, an oboe? …..you open them and “WHOA!” …what you see are instruments made from paper, cellotape, a drinking straw, a rubber glove and some garden hose.
Linsey makes music by live-looping self-invented instruments such as a paper clarinet, a drinking straw oboe, a Cylisax, a rubber glove bagpipe and “Mr Curly” (a contra-bass clarinet made from hose sounding like a 70’s synth). Using these instruments he creates layers of music that will have audiences either spellbound or bopping in their seats. He demystifies the process of musical instrument design and music itself, but at the same time creates music that is (in the words of his YouTube viewers): “one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard”,” the coolest thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life!”, “the single most awesome instrument I’ve witnessed, and I have the internet at my disposal.”
Recipe: blend some vocal percussion with a bit of jaw harp then add funky analog bass using ‘Mr Curly’. While that’s cooking make a clarinet from paper, play and Loop some horn lines, add it to the mix and turn up the heat.
*Camping is for self-contained/self-sufficient vans only
– 4pm Jam Session
– DINNER Famous ROTARY Steak Burger BBQ
– 12pm-3pm WORKSHOPS, beginners to advanced workshops to get you up and playing quickly
• Lee Williams,
– 12pm-3pm OPEN MIC
• Dam Pluckers
• Lee Williams
• Bums – Brisbane Uke
(GF) Roasted Sweet Potato Filled with Savory Chicken, Onion and Bacon Fusion, Corn Tortilla, Topped with Grated Cheddar and Sour Cream and Shallots Accompanied with a Mixed Dark Leaf Side Salad. LF On Request
– Devonshire Teas/Coffee & Cake, available all day
– 6pm – 10pm CONCERT
• Tina D’Tunes (Sydney)
• Accidental Luddites (Canberra)
• Rusty Pickups (Toowoomba)
Home Style Beef Rissoles with Pepper, Mushroom and Onion Gravy, Creamy Mashed Potato, Corn Cob, Mint Peas and Honeyed Carrots. GF or LF On Request
– 9:30am – 12am FAREWELL JAM, Follow the notes on the big screen, karaoke style.
• (GF, LF) Almond, Apple Banana Bread with Cinnamon Whipped Dairy Free Butter
• Cheese and Chive Savory Farm Style Buttermilk Scones with Salted Butter and Chutney
• Bacon, Cheese, Herb and Egg Pie with Relish