OPERA, BROADWAY, Crossover
Whether you’re an avid fan of opera, Broadway musicals, or simply appreciate the beauty of live music, this enchanting performance will leave you with cherished memories and a renewed appreciation for the art of song. Don’t miss your chance to be part of this intimate musical journey that celebrates the timeless magic of opera and Broadway songs, all brought to life by the mesmerizing tenor and soprano voices, with Roger Davy’s visionary leadership at its heart, and complemented by a silver service dinner that adds a touch of elegance to the evening.
TENor Us… Why have Ten Tenors?
An intimate setting with candlelit tables at Heritage Estate, serves as the perfect venue for a unique event. Founder of the internationally famous “Ten Tenors”, Roger Davy handpicks highlights from opera to musical theatre to rock, and the past audience described as “life-changing”.
A simple stage of red velvet allows the performers to be the main focus of the intimate show with tenor greats Roger Davy and Adam Bartlett, whilst soprano Gabrielle Jack (from the 7Sopranos) convey a relaxed aura on stage.
Bartlett’s witty banter with the audience elicited many laughs and Davy’s natural conversation made the crowd feel welcome and at home in their presence. The audience was invited to take part in songs through choreography and even sang along.
Davy’s operatic voice fills the small auditorium, his resonant tone tackling opera classics such as ‘La Donna Mobile’ and ‘Nella Fantasia’ with ease. Davy’s rendition of ‘The Music of The Night’ is tremulous. Combined with his costume and staging of the number, you would be forgiven for thinking you were watching a production of ‘The Phantom of the Opera’. Members of the audience could be seen standing in ovation as the echoes of Davy’s final note were consumed by applause.
Bartlett excels in musical theatre numbers. His first solo, ‘Love Changes Everything’, sets the tone for the night, garnering for what is to come. His performances of ‘I Am What I Am’ and ‘Bring Him Home’ are not only sung with controlled power but also contained such soul and emotion as to bring the characters to life.
Joined by soprano Gabrielle Jack, the selected duets and trios suit their voice styles and their chemistry shines on stage. It’s clear that all three have as much fun on stage as the audience was watching them.
Though the venue was intimate and the audience was small, Davy, Bartlett and Jack put 100% into every song; holding each note to the very end as if playing for an audience of thousands. The finale is a well-deserved standing ovation. This show is a must-see, as no matter what genre you prefer, ‘TenorUS’ offers something for everyone. And if you cheer loudly, you may even be lucky enough to receive an encore performance.
Dinner starts at 5:30pm
- a complimentary glass of wine on arrival and photography in the vineyard
- house olives grown on our Sundown Vineyard @ Ballandean,
- baked brie with cranberry, honey & walnut
- grilled camembert fresh herbed garlic and chardonnay wine
OPERA incl Rigoletto, La Traviata, Pavarotti, Turandot, Don Pasquale & more.
- Macadamia crusted chermoula Salmon with fresh local asparagus and roasted capsicum
- Angus beef brisket, slow cooked and pulled on a fine Asian slaw of wombok, carrot, shallots, red cabbage, fennel and wasabi avocado puree. (gf/lf)
BROADWAY Hits Phantom, West Side, La Cage, Sweeney Todd, Jekyll, plus some.
- Duck Nahm Jim breast deep scored with mandarin accompaniments of bok choy, sesame oil, carrot ribbons (gf/lf)
- Roast Pork on bed of celeriac and potato mash, sweet potato, greens and burnt butter sage sauce. (gf)
CONTEMPORARY Peter Alan, Diamond, Ed Sheehan, etc.
- Spiced ginger and date pudding with Persian coffee syrup (gf/lf)
- Lemon méringue drizzled with Chantilly cream.
Opera October 12th 2024